[Rack] unsub

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Dec 31 19:29:52 UTC 2013

> I posted a message yesterday from johnaweiss at gmail.com, and it got
> accepted by the system. If johnaweiss at gmail.com is not subscribed, and
> the list is moderated, how could that go through?

As someone who manages a lot of mailing lists, I can tell you that MANY
people sign up for a list under one address, and then proceed to post
from another.  Sometimes it's a mistake, but mostly it's just
carelessness.  A long time ago I would follow up with the person and
remind them that they were subscribed under a different address, but
life is way too short; I usually just add that address to the exception
list of people who aren't subscribed but can post.

I don't run -discuss, but I can see that happening ...

Take a look at the headers for a message on -discuss and see what
address it was delivered to.

Look for something like this:

 by SOMEHOST with ESMTP id rBVJBNbp006629
 for SOMEADDRESS; Tue, 31 Dec 2013 11:11:28 -0800

/jordan