[Rack] internet suckiness

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Feb 13 22:28:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
> Don't we have a local mirror of debian? We used to..
>
> Also Sonic has one too, though that's not going to help if
> monkeybrains/thruput is the problem.
>
> Shawn, how you like help fixing this?

There is an apt-mirror setup on pony, though I'm not sure that it's
pulling regular updates anymore.
The cron job is disabled and the mirror is empty.

I bet this got turned off to save space on /.

There is an older mirror in /data/d3/j/apt-mirror.
Perhaps it would make sense to setup apt-mirror again and link its
storage into the giant storage pool mounted under /data.

--j