[Rack] samsys mp 9320 uses DHCP

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Jan 30 03:30:37 UTC 2013

i'm trying to get our RFID reader to communicate over ethernet.  It's
plugged in (to port 34 of the lower switch in susan via a black cable) and
getting a link, but last night we were unable to "find" it on the network.

We have found no information about setting its IP address or anything, but
today I learned that it's set for DHCP from the factory.  But no clue what
its MAC address is.  So i would like to know how to check with the DHCP
server to see if it comes on, or anything like that.

i found the following on the interwebs:

The default TCP port is 2101 the SAMSys MP9320 reader driver will target
when establishing connections to the SAMSys reader. [this suggests that
port 2101 is open on the device]

"The MP9320 is equipped with an optional TCP/IP Ethernet port and embedded
IP device server. This reader is configured for automatic IP address
allocation using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Mode and
the reader automatically extracts the IP address from the DHCP server.
This is the default mode for the reader as it is shipped from the factoryā€¯

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fitech.fgcu.edu%2Ffaculty%2Fzalewski%2Fprojects%2Ffiles%2FRFID_Zabala_final2.pdf&ei=LIgIUcG8J-f0iQLq14H4AQ&usg=AFQjCNGJeW-79paGv3LJprq8CNd-b7NmXA&bvm=bv.41642243,d.cGE

-jake