[Rack] can anyone help us connect to port a device 34 on the switch in the rack? is the switch smart enough to tell us more about this device? EOM

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Jan 31 02:57:57 UTC 2013

By "the switch", which one do you mean? The Cisco/Linksys one?

I can log into there and look at the Ethernet bridging table (listing
source MAC addresses and ports).
>From there, we could compare to the ARP table on the router or another host
talking to whatever is connected there. That should yield an IP.

However, looking at "g34" (they're numbered g1 - g48), I don't see any
source MAC addresses being learned:

switch1.noise# show bridge add eth g34
Aging time is 300 sec

  Vlan        Mac Address       Port     Type

switch1.noise#