[Rack] [Noisebridge-discuss] minotaur is down

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Jul 5 23:31:57 UTC 2013

what's wrong with the rs232 we're using now?  inside each keypad is an
atmega328 connected to a MAX232 chip, which translates the TTL serial of
the arduino the real +-12v RS232 for the long haul.  Also it's 300 baud.

we don't need rs422 (whatever that is) for long runs of wire because we
have ethernet, and wireless (thanks to you)

a nice thing about RS232 is that the computer at the end of it already has
the transciever built in.

if you want to play with obscure data transmission stuff, find me a router
or two with DS3 ports, so we can use these QAM16 modulators to beam stuff
long-distance!

-jake