[Rack] [Noisebridge-discuss] minotaur is down

Josh Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:47:41 UTC 2013

On Jul 8, 2013, at 11:10 PM, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:

> Aww... bummer.
> The only thing I changed was firewalling off the gateman daemon from
> the outside world. That allowed any competent hacker to unlock the
> gate with no code.
> Now, a code would be required.

I thought minotaur already wasn't public.  If it was, I'd have had
Noisegate contact it directly instead of going through pony.

> Is there a link to the app or details about what it's trying to do
> that's failing?

https://github.com/jjuran/noisegate-android

It sends a GET request to "http://pony.noisebridge.net/gate/unlock/?
key=12345" or such.  The unlock script then sends a POST request to
minotaur.

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM, daravinne <daravinne at gmail.com> wrote:
>> the noisegate-debug app that Josh Juran made doesn't work anymore
>> after the
>> rebuild, it seems.  is that Josh's thing to fix or something on
>> minotaur?

The Android app is fine.  The unlock CGI script it calls might need
to be changed to accommodate the changes on minotaur.

Josh