[Rack] Electric door strike working again. Use your Pin or key to get in.

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Mon Jul 15 00:24:09 UTC 2013

tl;dr : the electric door strike is replaced, so the door is secured again.

Don't jam the door in as you might got used to in the last couple of days.
We don't want to break the new lock :) If someone has access to a working
printer and stickers, maybe add a sticker to the lock so that people know
and don't slam it.

Longer version: I went to Discount Builders and got a new electric door
strike. It is similarly cheap and flimsy as the one we already had, so we
should continue on the solution Jake already started, which looks long term
promising.

I looked at Jake's solution today, and the motor is not strong enough for
what it should do. So I got the new strike so that we have a working door
in the meantime. I met Scotty in the hallway and we chatted about some
ideas to continue improving the gate situation.

-henner