[Rack] Network Study Lab

Chuck Wagner chuckawagner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 23:48:02 UTC 2013

Hey Noisebridge,

I'm new to Noisebridge and I've stopped by to check it out.  I'm studying
for some IT certifications and was wondering if Noisebrige would be good
place to build a network study lab for Cisco CCNA or CCENT network
certifications (or general network studies).  These are entry level network
certifications and from what I'm reading it would be helpful to have 3 or 4
routers and switches, etc with which to practice, test, trouble shoot
network routing and configuration.  Well I don't have the room for that
type of equipment at my place and I'd be happier sharing the expense.

 I expect it would be a stand-alone network and used by students studying
networks or used by a Noisebridge instructor.  Maybe all in one upright
rack.  It could become the property of Noisebridge.  I was thinking used
equipment from Ebay or craigstlist.

comments?

Chuck