[Rack] minotaur is down

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Sat Jul 6 05:39:23 UTC 2013

> you will notice a four-way plug that has yellow and black wires, and goes to
> the blue serial cables.  Those are 12v power for the payphone and upstairs
> keypad.  On minotaur there was a jack on the motherboard that happened to put
> out 12v like that, so that's what that is.  If you find a way to power those
> from the new situation that would be great.

Minotaur is back online, with a fresh Debian install.  I've copied the
basics back into place, but there will be some work needed to get
everything back in place.

Henner is helping out soldering up a random 12v PSU to the two DB9-RJ45
adapters to provide power to the keypads.

We should have things rolling soon.  If you're looking for data from the
old install, check out /var/backups/old-minotaur/

Please be careful with disk space use.  The SSD that is providing the
mission critical rootfs is only 2GB.

There is a 750G drive setup with LVM to be used for other stuff.