[Rack] Network update

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Mon Mar 4 00:26:07 UTC 2013

I did a bunch of repair/update work on the network today.

* I put the new batteries in the new UPS, plugged it in, got it all happy.
* I took the Juniper switch down and opened it up and cleaned it out with
the air compressor.  It was making horrible noises due to fan clogging.
Seems to be ok now.
* I moved the Juniper switch up to the WoT.  We can now start the process
of replacing the old cisco "switch 2" and the linksys.
* I moved a few of the network links up to the Juniper switch
* I updated Vyatta on bikeshed from 6.3 to 6.5.

Minotaur:
* I added policy routing to minotaur so it can properly talk to the
internet if sonic is down.  The default gw is now bikeshed, but it knows
to reply to the sonic link if connections come from external.
* I changed /etc/resolv.conf to contain only localhost
* I created /etc/resolv.dnsmasq and told /etc/dnsmasq.conf to use this
file.  This will keep DNS working if either sonic or monkeybrains are
down.

-ben