[Rack] Al would like to pass control of nburl.net to us

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Mar 29 20:57:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:50:03AM -0700, Danny O'Brien wrote:
> Seems like it should be something we have running on the main www site
> (especially given that I've been handing out links to Paypal donation
> pages on it like confetti).
>
> I'll get the code off him, so we can do a code review, then set it up as
> a trial thing on www.

I'd strongly prefer to not have more services centralized on the
wiki/mailman VM.  It's a significant win of the existing noisebridge
model that people doocratically run services on various infrastructure
rather than having to petition a central authority to run stuff on "the
main site" (whatever that means).

> Alternatively, if we can't be bothered, we could just pay to keep it
> whereever he has it.

Moving it to a new dreamhost acount shouldn't be too hard.  Moving it to
a different VM on different infrastructure would be decent too.

-andy