[Rack] Omar: Please don't "re-build" the network

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Mon Oct 21 18:28:19 UTC 2013

Omar,

I see you are planning to re-do the network, according to your wiki
page[1]. I am personally asking you not to do this. What you propose is
already how the network is configured.

Noisebridge operates on a do-ocracy principle, yes, but that does not
trump the One Rule of Excellence. I am saying now, that a lot of people
will find it very unexcellent if you rip out some carefully constructed,
critical infrastructure.

Nobody is claiming the network is perfect. When bikeshed refused to boot
for a few days, that sucked. However, the solution is not to eliminate
everything. The solution is to identify problems with the existing
infrastructure, then fixing those. Can you please list what you think
needs to be fixed?

There is an anti-pattern we've seen a few times here at Noisebridge,
where occasionally people newly join our community and try and "fix"
everything they see is "broken" at once. These people either burn out,
supernova out, or are banned. Please take it slowly.

Thank you,
--Casey

1: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/New_Network