[Rack] Networking as of 2013-10-02

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Oct 12 14:33:45 UTC 2013

> 4. Monkeybrains is patched into a dummy switch and the noisebridge-a
> AP. As you connect to noisebridge-a, you randomly do or don't get a
> DHCP response from monkeybrains. It hands out public IPs.

This is what broke the incoming NAT service for the Mode-S project.  The
Atom computer on 172.30.0.53 has a default gateway of 172.30.0.2 which
is supposed to be doing NAT ... UDP port 9742 from the outside is
supposed to go to the Atom.  It looks like that Monkeybrains uplink is
now 199.188.193.88 and I *thought* that link was provided by bikeshed in
the past.  The uplink is working fine, but there's no NAT.

/jordan