[Rack] Pony Account

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Apr 27 18:31:49 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 11:09:42AM -0700, Floyd Vince Santiago wrote:
> Hello, my name is Floyd, I would like to make a Pony account and an SSH key.

You'll have to make a new Pony first, since the current motherboard is
kaput.

I have a 1U server that can be used to make a new Pony, but last I
looked there wasn't a reasonable place in the closet at 2169 to rack a
full-depth 1U (I think it's about 20-26 inches deep).  IIRC it's a quad
core Xeon with 8GB RAM and 4 SATA bays.  It's at my house in SOMA and
I'm happy to drop it off at 2169 the moment there's someone with a plan
for where to put it and configure it.

We'd probably want to do Debian with KVM, or Xen, since those are the
things that people around Noisebrige are familiar with using.

Once there's a machine we can copy over the VM image for Pony (it's on
the RAID in the old machine).

Once there's a machine (or before for that matter) go ahead and update
your wiki User: page with a ssh pubkey and everything else, you can use
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/User:Adi as an example to follow.

-andy