[Rack] Ethernet is down

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Aug 31 17:27:13 UTC 2014

Ben Kochie wrote on 2014-08-31 00:37:
> I think bikeshed was new enough that it boots off an internal USB stick,
> not a CF card.  I could be wrong.
>
> We had talked about replacing bikeshed with a new Ubiquiti router.  I
> think we need to sit down and talk about budget and network design.

Yeah but you're in Berlin. :P

I have a spare Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite (3 ports) and a 5 port managed
POE switch I can give to the space. We could pretty easily VLAN a bunch
of shit. on the Edgerouter to one port (VLAN1-DSL, VLAN2-Monkeybrains,
VLAN3-Wifi) and have a second port as the wired LAN, 3rd port free for
other BS.

I can also dig up a fail over script for the device.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net