[Rack] Mode-S receiver down

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Feb 24 19:40:05 UTC 2014

> does the Mode S box use standard POE?

Depends on what you mean by standard (and I suppose by what I understand
standard to mean :-).

It uses what I know of as "passive" POE, which means that the box itself
has a voltage regulator and protects itself on the device end.  The
adapter just puts 12v from the wart on the cable, and hopefully there's
enough juice at the other end to run the device.  I think it actually
uses ~7v ...

There's no splitter at the device end, it just plugs directly into the
device.

Maybe some people call this "old skool" POE, because that's how it was
done before there was a standard.

Does this answer your question?

/jordan