[Rack] minotaur needs rebooted sometimes to fix gate

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Tue Jan 21 22:34:57 UTC 2014

There are actually three processes at work to open the gate:

1) The door daemon. This listens on the serial port, and handles code
authentication. This submits HTTP requests to:
2) The API endpoint. This runs on apache, receives HTTP requests, sends
commands via a local TCP socket to:
3) Gateman. This is a C program that listens on a TCP socket and duly
manipulates the parallel port for the gate

If either the web server or gateman have crashed, then door codes will
validate but opening will fail. I suspect gateman is crashing but I have
no proof. We may wish to wrap this in daemontools or god or whatever so
it will be automagically restarted.

--Casey