[Rack] New printer

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Wed Oct 15 07:45:10 UTC 2014

Hi, rack at .

I've brought a printer into the space's network today. It has a small
RaspberryPI crudely embedded in it until either a functional network card
shows up (probably this weekend) or an external dedicated print server
appears. I also might just get this small USB LCD to show CUPS information on
it and also mount that. Root password will be written down near it once I've
got it configured with a readonly filesystem and other tolerant-to-fucking-
around-with settings.

It is currently located next to the front desk, and plugged into the ethernet
line. I'll be running a second ethernet line to that column so that the kiosk
can have a jack as well, and nailing the cat5 to the column. Those overhead
bridle hooks rock.

In the process I found that port 1 on the patch panel is buggy and doesn't
work on two of the pins. I dumbly forgot to tape over it or otherwise indicate
this on the panel.