[Rack] Ideas for the network rebuild

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Sep 2 22:13:07 UTC 2014

Rubin writes:

>> So what is going to happen to the machines that have static
>> addresses?
>
> The only machines that we knew of which were still around and not
> devoured by the rebuild are Minotaur and Pony.

Well, there's a list on the wiki, which edited after you made the
change.

https://noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Resources/Network&diff=44226&oldid=43939

You didn't know you were editing a list of machines that have static IP
addresses?

>> Sounds like it was a misunderstanding about 172.30 ... why
>> not just go back to it?
>
> This honestly isn't that big of a deal if it's only that one machine.

Maybe if it was only one machine.  But there's a list.  In the wiki.

That you edited.

There's also bunny, the Mode-S receiver, which also has a static IP
address, and is up on the roof.  And is much harder to change than
whatever it was you changed.

You changed the network because you misunderstood that the network that
was working fine for a few years was ok to use.  I think you should
un-do your change.  Minimal chaos, no?

Thanks,

/jordan