[Rack] Piping social media

John Ellis neurofog at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:44:06 UTC 2014

Rubin,

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but using PHP/Perl/Python to pipe a "mail
delivery" through a script is pretty standard in linux, using the MDA
(postfix?) routing functionality. I don't have shell access to the NB
servers currently so I'd need access and clarify a few details. It
shouldn't be a big deal to have a "hidden" mailbox somewhere.

The script would update a database or tmp file, and a web php script
generate the RSS feeds. WordPress also has support for push notification
using web hooks when an article is published or updated. This could also be
used to trigger an RSS feed.

Another alternative is to use a WP plugin to check a hidden mailbox, and
generate a custom RSS feed from that. I can code a specific WP plugin for
NB.

Regards,
John