[Redshirts] Wednesday 8/7 report

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 09:58:15 UTC 2013

A quiet evening. We did not hear the buzzer all night. Which was totally
nice, and i am fine with that. I did not actually bother to watch the
gate monitor. I like the "need a code or key at night" policy.

When i came in, Cynthia and others were doing their usual busy kitchen
activity. Cynthia left relatively early.

Neurohackers were meeting when I entered, about 8:30pm. Dan seemed in
good spirits and left about 2am.

Conducted two audio interviews for NB Spoken Word Project. One was an
awesome interview with two peeps, Memet and Ramses, working on a
thought-controlled wheelchair, associated with Puzzlebox. Such a strong
interview, will require very little editing. Other interview was
follow-up with Nick LoCicero, who gave some great ideas. Will post in
about a week.

Kevin alerted me that Kim's friend appeared sickly in the DJ booth, and
some sort of pipe was brandished. A moment later, Kim and friend crashed
in the Stackers.

Three or four noobs came, accompanied by established NB users (we need a
new word for that). This proves that first-timers CAN enter at night,
only must gain entry with an established user. This disproves the worry
by some peeps that we're going to lose some amazing new potential users
if the door remains closed at night. If somebody does not have a friend
who's an established user, let them come during daylight hours, IMHO.

About 2:30am Nadine came in. She said she buzzed. She asked Rayce for a
code, and we told her to ask a member during the day. Seen her here
late-night for about a year, but I do not know if she's a hacker or
what. White skateboard girl with a new gangster-style tattoo on her neck
and pierced nose.

A black dude with wool cap, name Jazz, and was here, read & played
scrabble with Vi. Blocked gate open so he could get back in. i asked if
he's making anything, and he said he will paint some art soon. Seems
respectful.

Vi says today was National Lighthouse Day.
Also, August is National Inventors Month.

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!