[Redshirts] Tuesday Updates

Mitch Altman mitch at CornfieldElectronics.com
Thu Aug 15 01:25:57 UTC 2013

> On 8/14/2013 8:55 AM, Dana wrote:
>> Re: DJ Booth / Electron Microscope room - I wish it were used for
>> biohacking or electron microscopy more than camping.
>
> you needn't wish-- no living at NB is policy, right?
>
>> I think it's a consistent trouble spot for Noisebridge because it is
>> so secluded. I would love to do-ocratically dismantle or open this
>> space up somehow.
>
> i suggest that this goes under the "Noisebridge can have nice things"
> category. If something is being misused, we shouldn't dismantle it as a
> way of eliminating the misuse-- that just deprives the rest of the
> community of the resource. Taken to it's conclusion, that would mean
> dismantling all of Noisebridge.
>
> We need to effectively address the misuse.

Yup.  But part of the problem is that that room is not being used for
anything nice.  It's really just kinda storage for some cool stuff.  If
the space is used, then camping there is not so easy or tempting.

We do need to permanently kick people out of NB who come to sleep.  That
will help a lot, too.

We can discuss more tonight at the meeting.

Mitch.