[Redshirts] Summary Monday 2013.07.15

J.C. r33lmm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 22:40:26 UTC 2013

All and all a pretty typical Monday eve at the bridge. A number of people
were using the space and working on projects, met and introduced a number
of new people to the space, including a couple starting up another
hackerspace in Oakland.

[Alex & Pooch]
Alex was asked to take his dog out of the space, and return to a weekly
meeting.

[Scooters]
Three scooters were donated, one is potentially functional with batteries,
one is just a chasis, and the other has some bits. I parked these in the
back next to the SEM stairs and would like to hack on these with some folks.

[Library Lights]
For a while now there hasn't really been any functional lights in the
library, need some more flourescent tubes and possibly some fixing, met a
electrician tonight who maybe interested in helping with that sort of
thing. I'd appreciate if this gets discussed in the weekly meeting, it
makes sense that the library be fairly well lit and would help discourage
people from sleeping there.

[Kitchen Cabinets]
Aparently some doacracy has taken to hacking the kitchen and removed the
cabinets. It looks like it could use some more work and provide for at
least basic dish storage/drying and such.

[Circuit Hacking Monday]
Again no one was around to organize this event and several people came
looking to solder and such. A few folks helped out, I plan to connect with
Mitch on making sure kits are available, and since I tend to be there
Monday nights will try to assist. It would be great if the Monday 6-10p
shift was filled by someone interested in helping with this as well.

[FedEx]
FedEx has been attempting and failing to deliver the diatimacious earth
that was ordered, several notes have been added to the downstairs door and
hopefully someone is around today to receive the package.

[1 Bunker]
There was one belegered and tired person in the library that I asked to
move to the hacker stackers.

[Sidewalk Chairs]
Someone thought it was an ok idea to take a chair down to the sidewalk to
sit and smoke. I suggested this wasn't cool and that I would appreciate
them not doing that. Given this was outside noisebridge itself I didn't
push overly hard, however I don't think this is something that we want to
continue happening.

[occupirate]
Mike returned after midnight, noticably intoxicated, and asked to be buzzed
up. I talked with him for a bit via intercom and he left.