[Redshirts] Black Rock Ranger manual 2013 pdf link

daravinne daravinne at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 00:36:49 UTC 2013

http://rangers.burningman.com/wp-content/uploads/ranger-manual-2013.pdf

I glanced over it and a large majority of the content is definitely very
burn-specific, BUT

Pages 7-11 of the manual hold a lot of information that could be useful to
docents regarding communication, conflict resolution, and handling
situations where you don't actually know anything but what each party says
to you, and more.

Page 12 has some information on "costume" which might also be useful to
some of us.....

Page 19 has some applicable information on interaction (Partnering, Meet
and Greet, Awareness).

The rest of it is mostly very Burningman-specific stuff, but feel free to
read it anyway because it's actually super interesting to know about what
the rangers actually are doing and how they are structured (at least it's
interesting to me, probably lots of you don't care about burning man in the
first place).

I think it would be pretty cool for us to talk about the stuff on the
relevant manual pages at a docent meeting, specifically to pry it out of
the direct context of burning man and get at the ideas that will be helpful
to apply in the space or modify to fit our particular docenty groove.