[Redshirts] entropy report

Dana dsniezko at sonic.net
Tue Oct 8 06:51:39 UTC 2013

People and hack wise it was a fairly calm and quiet night at NB, however
the space is having a lot of infrastructure issues. Here are details:

Gate codes work again! Something happened to our network (DNS down? I
dare ask), but I was able to reach minotaur internally, added 172.30.0.4
api.noisebridge.net to hosts file, this seems to do the trick.

Kitchen stove is non-functional. I wasn't able to figure out the issue
but did notice a pair of unprotected, live wires in the breaker box ---
I placed a screw-caps on these to prevent accidental electrocution. The
wiring box under the stove island isn't in great shape either.

Cameras, lights, audio at front door are down. The long extension cord
that ran downstairs has been moved elsewhere so there's no power. I'm
not sure if this is necessary for the camera and audio or simply
supplemental lights.

Bathroom 1.0 has problems: when I came to the space it was barricaded
shut, something is wrong with the light socket and someone used that
opportunity to take liberties with the toilet. I put a temporary lamp in
the area but wasn't able to find a plunger or auger anywhere. Drano of
course did nothing. If you have either tool (hardware stores were closed
when i got there) and the inclination to approach this disaster many
hackers will rejoice in your greatness!

Elevator is off. I believe this is related to light socket issues and
the landlord may need to be contacted to reactivate? This is a problem
as trash cans are filling up and a PITA to move up/down stairs.

Oh, and vermin have returned to the back area!

- dana