[Redshirts] Thursday night shift report: police called

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Fri Sep 6 06:45:23 UTC 2013

The calm of last Thursday has broken; tonight has been very energetic.

I cleared the storage cubicles out as usual; I forgot to tell Vee (sp?), as
she was moving around while I was telling every one what was going on, so
her bag got included in the discard pile.  She was very upset, and demanded
that I stop; I apologized for getting her stuff and loudly asked anybody
else whose stuff was in the pile to claim it; no one did.

When I continued taking the stuff out, she called the police.  I and
several others took the stuff out along with the rest of the trash; the
police arrived as we were unloading the elevator. I explained what was
going on, and they suggested that we sort it out at the group meeting. The
police did not enter the space.

It's a quarter to midnight, so it's possible the drama of the shift is not
over, but it seems to have died down a bit.

--S