[Redshirts] Conflict of Interest

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Thu Sep 26 19:35:47 UTC 2013

Hi Redshirts,

I'm pretty opposed to a recent consensus item.  It involves the regulation
of who can and can't be in the space.  I don't like that we consensed it,
and I am not going to participate in enforcing its terms.

This makes me a pretty bad doorkeeper, because it means I'll just end up
making up my own list of who is and isn't allowed in, et cetera; and
honestly, the last thing I want is to end up doing some sort of
passive-agressive passive resistance thing.

So, I'm going to step aside as a Redshirt, and as the Thursday night
docent.  I'm going to stand my shift tonight, but after that I'm done.
 I'll return the shirt.

If someone wants to take over administering the mailing list and scheduling
the monthly meeting, that'd be very helpful.

Thanks, and sorry to leave you guys like this.

--S

--
Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700