[Sem] Retaining the SEM and building a sputter coater

John McMaster johndmcmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 06:20:46 UTC 2013

Yes...sorry I was thinking of carbon evaporation.  IIRC sputtering is
around 100 mTorr which should be pretty easy to reach.

On that note though there are a number of advantages to carbon
evaporation so it may be worth considering as an alternative.

I have piles of HV equipment so I shouldn't need one for playing around
here.  If there isn't someone else interested in playing with it yet can
you hang onto it for the time being?

I would however be interested in seeing other sputtering equipment, SEM,
etc if you could show them to me (us?) at UCSF (field trip!).

John