[Sem] SEM updates

John McMaster johndmcmaster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:01:35 UTC 2014

I think this came up before and was rebuked, but I visited noisebridge a
few days ago and I don't see the SEM.  Last time someone said it was
moved to the front, but I don't see it there either.  Was it removed?

In other news, my SEM is hopefully going to ship soon (its
transportation has been snowed in).  This is the current plan for
receiving it but I'm up for suggestions:

  * On pallet at source (Ohio)
  * Use forklift at source to load onto FedEx LTL truck.  Weight is
    probably 600-800
  * Ship it to work (Mountain View)
  * Use forklift at work to put it into pickup truck
  * Drive pickup to my place (Mountain View)
  * Options for getting it into the garage / out of the truck:
      o Use my dad's cherry picker to remove it
      o Disassemble for easier removal
      o Rent portable gantry crane ($100-200/day, hopefully only need
        for one day).  Anyone have one I could borrow?
      o Prefer not to disassemble it if easily avoidable
      o Truck + SEM may not fit into garage (3 foot high bed + think 5
        foot tall SEM): may need to disassemble and/or hoist it outside
        and move it in

Overview: http://siliconpr0n.org/uv/super_iiia/email_01212014/DSC_3276.jpg

More pictures: http://siliconpr0n.org/uv/super_iiia/email_01212014/

John