[Sewing] Serger is fixed; can NB cover the $80 cost

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Dec 22 01:59:16 UTC 2009

Thanks to Billy from Apparel City, the serger is now fully functional
again.  He also showed me a couple things about it and the other machine
that I did not know... I *really* have to get my shit together to
document these.

The repair was to replace a part that was broken, plus his time doing
the work.  The total was $80.  Doc Pop was using the machine when the
part broke and he has committed to cover the cost.  However it did not
look to me, or Billy, like Doc was misusing it at all; it looks like it
just broke and would have done for anyone who happened to be using it at
that time.  I have paid Billy out of my pocket and instead of collecting
from Doc, I'd like to get Noisebridge to cover this cost.

Anyone object to NB reimbursing me $80 for serger repair?  If I don't
hear objections within a week, I'll assume it's OK with you all.

Rachel