[Sewing] what fabrics can be cut with laser cutters?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 23:40:12 UTC 2010

I forget the name of the woman who did the Laser cutter class at the Menlo
Park tech shop.  She did a dorkbot once where she brought samples of all the
things she etched and cut with the laser.  One of the things she handed out
was tiny cotton denim patches.  They didn't fray any more than cut fabric
did.  In fact, I'd argue just a little less.  The etching on the surface of
the denim was pretty neat, too.

Christie
_______
"It is the time you have lost for your rose that makes your rose so
important."
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart."
William Butler Yeats