[Sewing] Industrial sewing machine

Colin Stevens seamstercolin at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 18:42:25 UTC 2010

Hello, my name is Colin.  Rachel suggested I ask this question on the noisebridge sewing list.

I have a project where I need to sew a big bunch of vinyl to cover an 8 foot diameter sphere.  I would like to use the the noisebridge Juki industrial sewing machine once the project gets going.

I don't know if I will need a walking foot for this project, since I might be able to sew all the vinyl from the cloth-backed side.

However, I think that using the noisebridge machine will still be so helpful in fact that I want to contribute a new foot or two or some other attachments for the machine there for the future for other people's projects, even if I don't need it for mine.  Can anyone think of something that it would be handy to have?  Do you have a standard supplier for Juki parts?