[Sewing] Presser foot won't raise

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Fri Apr 22 23:23:17 UTC 2011

On 4/22/11 3:54 PM, John Magolske wrote:
> * Rachel McConnell<rachel at xtreme.com>  [110422 15:41]:
>> ... and really the knee pedal bit is in no way sewing-machine
>> specialized, it's just a mechanical linkage that requires a strong
>> pin that will resist shear forces.
>
> Any idea what diameter x length pin is needed? If not, is the area
> accessible enough to take a measurement? When I'm in the space
> tomorrow I can take a look, then try to round up an appropriately
> sized dowel-pin or roll-pin by Wednesday.

something like 2" long by maybe a #6 screw?  The area in question is
underneath the table, the bit the knee pedal (now hanging loosely) is
attached to.  It's likely not measurable without the disassembly I
mentioned earlier, but you should be able to see up inside where the end
of the screw I put in earlier is sticking out.  Might you be able to
tell what that screw is made from by looking at it?  Because it really
did not last long at all before the head sheared off :(

Rachel