[Sewing] Making Notebooks on the Industrial Sowing Machine?

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 19:41:10 UTC 2012

I have an identical machine to the one at noisebridge and have actually
very recently used it to sew papers together to make a notebook.  With a
leather cover, actually. Thin leather - and to simulate the walking foot, I
pulled the leather taut and fed it through myself.  The machine at
noisbridge suffers from a lack of maintenance, and quite often from crazy
abuse, but as far as abuse goes there's nothing 10 pieces of paper would do
to it that a few layers of denim couldn't do just as easily.

It will dull the needle, same as cutting paper dulls your fabric scissors.

R.