[Sewing] maker space

Doctor Popular yoyogenius at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 02:14:57 UTC 2013

Paul, let me know when you'd like to come by and I'll give you a tour.
There are a few machines there right now, but last I checked the Juuki
straight stitch is still in need of a new needle arm.

Rachel, here's a video I did about Paul's technique a while back
http://www.docpop.org/2010/04/paul-nosa-and-his-solar-powered-sewing-machine/

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:

> Wow that sounds awesome!  I am totally interested in your art and process.
>  I don't know if Noisebridge is a suitable space for you but stop by and
> see, you are welcome there if you can make it work.  It is fine to just
> show up, ring the bell, and come in.  If you can't find space there (it is
> a bit crowded sometimes), or can't get your equipment up there, let us know
> and we'll try to find you somewhere else.  I know of many other
> possibilities, mostly in the East Bay though.
>
> Either way, I personally would love to see your setup.  If you have a
> chance, let me know sometime when you're working and are OK with visitors
> and I will come by.
>
> cheers,
> Rachel1.0
>

> On 5/31/13 1:29 PM, p nosa wrote:
>
>> Hello Noisebridge,
>>
>> My name is Paul Nosa. I am a
>> sewing artist from Tucson, Arizona.
>>
>> I was referred to contact you through Karen Wilkinson from the
>> Exploratorium.
>>
>> I draw with a sewing machine (without a computer or a template) powered
>> by a solar panel and a bicycle electric generator.
>>
>> I've been on a sewing tour across America facilitating people's
>> creativity and showing them how to make their own alternative energy
>> sources. I am currently in San Francisco and will be here for the next
>> couple months.
>>
>> I am looking for a small studio to get some sewing done. The project:
>> working on narrow-but-long tapestries to tell stories (around 3-4 inches
>> wide by 12-50 feet long).
>> i could do this outside, but getting it done indoors would be easier.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any space available- to rent or trade?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Paul Nosa
>> 520.488.0441.
>> www.pnosa.com <http://www.pnosa.com>