[somalunch] n for next week?

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Tue Jan 19 21:25:42 UTC 2010

Following up on messages from last week:

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 03:46:31PM -0800, Jason Dusek wrote:
> In terms of sit down places, I think Il Carne Rosso is good. It's
> relatively new, has reasonable prices and has fresh, artful food.
> Boulette's Larder is my favorite place in the building but is pretty
> pricey -- like $16 for an entree.

We've been meeting at places like The Rincon Center, or The Westfield food
court, which have a whole bunch of options surrounding a common area to sit
down.  (I feel like there's a term for this type of setup other than "food
court", but it isn't coming to mind at the moment.)  I think this is a
really good model for us, and avoids having to deal too much with dietary
restrictions, or people arriving at exactly the same time, etc.  I like it
much more than trying to find a sit down place that accommodates everyone.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 03:53:37PM -0800, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> There's a place across market not too far, that has lunch options (forget
> its name); there's a lot of stuff just on 2nd street and there is a kind
> of open seating place unaffiliated with any restaurant in the lobby of a
> building on the east corner of 2nd and Mission, you know, the one with
> the trees inside it.

Oh, that sounds nice.  No, I'm not familiar with that building lobby, but
it sounds like we should try it.  I'll keep my eye out for it next time I
walk by 2nd and Mission.

-mct