[somalunch] Thursday, May 27th, 1pm (was: Thursday, May 20th, 1pm)

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Wed May 26 20:48:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 01:32:40PM -0700, Leif Ryge wrote:
> On 05/20/2010 01:57 AM, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> > For tomorrow, let's meet at the 2nd and Mission common area again.
> >
> > Has anyone researched any of the other public spaces in SOMA?  I
> > remember Leif found a website listing a bunch, but I haven't visited
> > any of them.  It could be fun to do a circuit.
> >
> > -mct
>
> I'm not making it today, but I would like to check out more of these.
>
> Here is that website:
> http://sf.streetsblog.org/2009/01/20/unlocking-san-franciscos-privately-owned-public-open-spaces/
> found via
> http://laughingsquid.com/privately-owned-public-open-spaces-popos-located-in-san-francisco/
>
> How about we try one of the two spots at 343 Sansome next week?

Wow, the rooftop spot at 343 Sansome sounds awesome:

    http://www.rebargroup.org/projects/commonspace/343sansome/

I definitely want to check that out.  But... it's going to rain tomorrow.
So let's do it next week, instead. :-)

There was another spot Alex showed Dr. Jesus and I after lunch last week,
an indoor public space in the office building of 55 2nd Street (at
Stevenson St, which is halfway between Market and Mission).  Walk in
through the front doors, past the security desk, and towards the back of
the building, staying on the 1st floor.  There are tables and chairs, and
it has an almost library-like feel to it, which is kind of neat, and
different.  Also, public restrooms.  How about we meet there tomorrow, at
1pm?

As has been the case lately, this public seating location doesn't have any
food for sale on-site, so you'll need to bring something with you.  For a
list of what's around, see
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Somalunch#Public_Seating_Area_at_2nd_and_Mission

Give me a call, or drop me an SMS if you have any trouble finding it
tomorrow.  (And send me a private email sometime before 12:30pm tomorrow
if you don't have my phone number.)

-mct