[somalunch] Wednesday, November 13th, 12:30pm

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Tue Nov 12 08:44:13 UTC 2013

Calling a SOMA Lunch for this Wednesday, November 13th, 12:30pm, at the
Chess Tables at Yerba Buena Park.  (The chess tables we normally meet at --
not the ones we tried last time, which didn't work out as well.)  Here's
the little blurb about the location I've been cutting-and-pasting from
previous emails:

	'''
	The concrete tables with the chessboards embedded in them are on the
	upper level, at the top of the steps with the sculpture of the creepy
	businessman who wants to shake your hand.  If you have trouble finding
	it, walk towards Samovar Tea Lounge.  Here's a Google Map link (look
	for the green arrow, *not* the red balloon): http://goo.gl/maps/xV99
	'''

(Also, I stumbled upon this site that talks about the sculpture, and some
of the others in the park: <http://yerbabuenagardens.com/public-art/>.  I
remain in awe of "Urge", the sculpture of a man standing on top of a globe,
who squats as you sit on a nearby bench.  As a piece of kinetic art, I'm
super impressed that it was engineered and constructed so well that it's
still functional years after its installation.  I strive to make kinetic
art so well executed.)

-mct