[Space] balloons!

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Wed Dec 23 22:33:24 UTC 2009

A damn heavy box has just arrived, containing what I presume to be the
two 8' balloons I ordered. I'll bring them to Noisebridge this evening
and secure some shelf space for us  - not that we can do anything
useful with them just yet, but maybe it's time to look into acquiring
a cylinder of helium.

Also, for light reading (really!):
http://www.eoss.org/pubs/far_annotated.htm is FAR 101 shorn of all
non-balloon-related cruft, and footnoted by EOSS (Edge Of Space
Sciences, who do lots of this) as to their understanding and
experience with the FAA as to how it all works in practice.

I propose we aim for first week of February for a launch. What say?

m.