[Space] Spacebridge micro-satellite

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Dec 22 16:49:52 UTC 2009

I mentioned that my old school was involved in a project to create a
micro-satellite. Ours were to be launched for us if we won the competition:

http://news.mst.edu/2004/03/students_create_tethered_satel.html

I'm thinking, do you think we can actually do our own launch? Is that even
possible some day? The Mrs. Sat micro-satellite was small enough to fit in a
micro-wave oven, but I don't know how much she weighed.

There were lot of hurdles to get past (like how to resolve the problem of
cosmic waves changing bits in the computer - a big *big* problem that far
out in space).. --  A lot of redundancy and checksum'ing  was discussed when
I last heard from the team working on this.

I know this is thinking a bit big... but, imagine a spacebridge satellite in
geo-spacial orbit above noisebridge :)  Can we do that?

Glen