[Space] Yuris night: Who is working?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:39:51 UTC 2010

To be clear, this event is happening on Friday and Saturday, with Sunday
being "tear down" only?  I honestly don't see any reason we need to have
people come back down on Sunday for the balloon stuff, since it generally
takes us less than 30 minutes to tear down.  I imagine if other folks come
up with cool booth stuff, that'd be a different thing.

I'll haul stuff down as needed, including people.  I'll also be babysitting
the radio that we're sticking in there, since it's running my call sign.
 I'll set up a "ground station" for demonstration that can receive the
transmissions and I'm expecting to be doing a lot of explaining of balloon
physics.  I'm also planning on helping with the inflation of the balloon and
getting it aloft.

I'm assuming we're to provide our own helium at our own expense?  In the
past Mikolaj just bought this himself.  It came to a bit more than $100.
 Since we don't have any sort of fund or account, I guess it's up to the
group to buy this.  I can pick it up and ferry it around and so forth.

Also, do we have any balloons?  I vaguely recall Mikolaj mentioning we were
out.  Can someone verify this?  Since we already gave them the specific
balloon we were using, it'd probably be a good idea to order another.
 Mikolaj, would you want to share the information on the vendor you found?

Christie
_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/