[Space] Meeting Notes 2010.04.06

Christopher Lincoln cclinco at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 16:46:51 UTC 2010

I'm all for using wireless.  Will you be able to show up on Thursday during
the set up time (12:30 to 18:00) to get it set up and working?

Glad to hear that we still have the packet tracker.  I'm not too sure what
was in that cardboard box that disappeared but I have a feeling that we will
find out as we need something from it -_-

During the meeting we identified only a few things that would need batteries
that we KNOW that is part of the payload.  The cameras, which will last much
longer once Blake has finished tweaking the code.  Obviously we will need to
recharge over night, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The G1 and the walky talky could go in the payload, but in truth we could
get as much out of them (if not more) by having them working on the table
where everybody could see them and the software (for the G1) running.
Having them out of sight and out of reach obfuscates the process and adds
the complications of batteries.  I'm of the opinion that we should have them
front and center on the display where they can be not only talked about, but
handled.

On a side note, I contacted the site coordinator about extending our set up
time past 18:00 on Thursday, but she stated that it was not possible, and we
will have to work inside of NASA's regulations.

Christopher