[Space] paging nils

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 19:38:50 UTC 2010

Hey everyone- does anyone have Nils's number?
mer

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Meredith Scheff <satiredun at gmail.com>wrote:

> I haven't heard from chris. It's all the tickets we're getting, and you can
> co ordinate with him. You'd be just as upset if I assigned it.
>
> Drawing and making
>
> On Apr 10, 2010, at 1:21 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What others are expecting them?  There's no way I'm going to drive way the
> hell down there to pick up a ticket I may or may not get, only to turn
> around and drive home because I missed out.
>
> You're also putting Chris and I in a really bad spot.  I don't feel
> comfortable going without him since he's my BOSS and I'm sure he'll say I
> should have it because I've "busted my ass" as you put it on the balloon
> project from the beginning and have done so much more work.  And he's the
> one who kept me at the office all day yesterday because his hard drive
> crashed.
>
> So what you're saying, from what I can tell, is that you created
> expectations that you can not meet. Further, you're offering something to
> someone that you did not promise, in advance, to someone in favor of a
> commitment you already made and people were relying on.
>
> I could make suggestions on things you could explain to the Yuri's Night
> folks, but I'm sure this outcome is not really bad enough to make it worth
> taking advice from me on.
>
> Christie
>
> PS I AM tweeting about how screwed over we got on this deal.
>
> It really pisses me off that Chris and I took a day off work Thursday,
> which we could not afford to do, to help you out with this thing.  You can
> rest assured that I will not work on another project you lead up again.
>
> _______
> "We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
> scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17
>
> The outer bounds is only the beginning.
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/
>

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Meredith Scheff < <satiredun at gmail.com>
> satiredun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There's one more ticket at the door, for noisebridge. There are no names
>> on the tickets, so maybe chat with the others. But you're welcome to it.
>> Mer
>>
>> Drawing and making
>>
>> On Apr 10, 2010, at 12:40 PM, Christie Dudley < <longobord at gmail.com>
>> longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That's kind of a rough call.  Of course I'd like to go, but there were a
>> bunch of others too.
>>
>> I did think I'd mention... Blake wasn't on the list, was he?
>>
>> _______
>> "We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
>> scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17
>>
>> The outer bounds is only the beginning.
>> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/><http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/>
> [...]

doing stuff and making things
---
"The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
them. ." -Semir Zeki