[Space] probably late for tonight's meeting

Brian Choate brian.choate at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:04:29 UTC 2010

I am planning and hoping to be at the meeting tonight, but will likely
be a little late getting there. I'm having to leave early from the
conference I'm at to make it at all. If it is OK with everyone I would
like to push the meeting back to start closer to 7:00 for just this one
time?

We need to finalize our plans for the presentation to the WebMapSocial
group on Tuesday (Aug. 17).

I will have some screen grabs of our examples of both the predicting and
tracking software and have the KML data from our flights loaded into
Google earth.

Please bring video and pictures from previous missions so we can use
them in the presentation.

Thanks,
B.

 Below is a note from Catherine Burton (the organizer for the meeting).
The WebMapSocial Meetup currently supports over 1550+ members
(http://www.meetup.com/webmapsocial).  WebMapSocial meets on the third
Tuesday of every month for two hours in the evening, at Google
headquarters in Mountain View.  We are entirely supported by the
generosity of our sponsors and our events are free to all.  Typical
attendance at one of our events averages between 50 and 60 people.
WebMapSocial members are developers, entrepreneurs, engineers, c-level
business executives, marketing folks, a few VC educators, researchers,
and other professional types.  Some of our notable presentations in have
been: NASA Ames World Wind project, NASA JPL, Peanut Labs Media,
Mapufacture, Skout, Stanford GPS Labs, Google Maps API, REI, KQED Quest,
Planet 9, Skyhook Wireless, Loopt, Eye-fi, Earthscape, Yahoo Fire Eagle,
Ushahidi, OpenStreetMap, UN-Spider, and many others

So, as Liz said our next meeting is on August 17th.  We have one
presentation scheduled - SETI.  I think a presentation on Spacebridge
would be great.  My one concern is that the topic be somewhat related to
mapping.  It appears that you folks are trying to do some remote sensing
with your high altitude balloon flights.  Remote sensing is definitely
interesting to the group.