[Space] Launch Video on YouTube
m at dgmo.org
Sun Feb 14 21:22:30 UTC 2010
I used the DeShaker plugin in VirtualDub (both GPL software I think).
For future reference, steps I took were something like:
1. Download and install VirtualDub
2. Download and install DeShaker.
3. Select 'Video' menu, 'Filters...' option
4. Click 'Add'
5. Select DeShaker and click 'Ok'
6. Change the 'Pass 1' settings to: (you can ignore the 'Pass 2' settings at
Block size: 16 pixels (not 30)
Use pixels: All (not every 4th)
...have match value: 250
_untick_ "Remember discarded areas to next frame"
Deep analysis if < 25% of vectors are ok.
Skip frame if < 0% of all blocks are ok.
7. Click "Ok"
8. Selection 'File' menu, 'Previous output from start'
9. Wait while it runs through the entire video. Watch the pretty like white
lines. Drink a coffee.
10. Select 'Video' menu, 'Filters...' again.
11. Select 'DeShaker' and click 'Configure'.
12. Selection 'Pass 2' and change the settings to:
Edge compensation: None (large borders)
Tick: use previous and future frames to fill in borders.
Previous frames: 15
Future frames: 0
Extra zoom factor: 0.8
Horizontal panning: 1400
Vertical panning: 1400
Rotation: -1 (this is the critical setting)
Max correction limits:
All set to 99 except rotation is set to 360
13. Do the 'File' menu, 'Preview output from start' to see what it's going
to look like.
14. If you want to generate an output AVI, selection 'Video' / 'Compression'
to set codec, and then 'File' / 'Save as AVI..'
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Blake Barrett <Blake at blakebarrett.net>wrote:
> That's AMAZING!!! What software was used to do that?
> It would be very cool if a (or a few) large panoramic images could be
> extrapolated from the video footage.
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:
>> Wow! That's brilliant!
>> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Michael O <m at dgmo.org> wrote:
>> > Go around to getting a vaguely working version of this:
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHphc0VSJp0
>> > is the video partially corrected for roll and shake (i.e. the camera
>> > are rotated and translated so as to leave the landscape as still as
>> > practical).
>> > On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Andrew Gerrand <andrewdg at gmail.com>
>> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go56JzqoFK0
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> Space mailing list
>> >> Space at lists.noisebridge.net
>> >> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/space
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Space mailing list
>> > Space at lists.noisebridge.net
>> > https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/space
>> Space mailing list
>> Space at lists.noisebridge.net
> blake at blakebarrett.net
> 1 559 455 7855
> Space mailing list
> Space at lists.noisebridge.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Space