[Space] Interesting BIL talk on space collision avoidance

Ariel Waldman ariel at arielwaldman.com
Mon Feb 15 08:40:04 UTC 2010

I'm guess this talk was given by Will Marshall from NASA Ames? If so, I can
introduce him to our group.

Collision avoidance abilities aren't really a part of cubesats yet as far as
I can tell, though there are research projects underway. MIT is looking into
creating some thruster technology for cubesats which will be pretty cool if
successful: http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2010/cubesat-01115.html

A lot of Will's talks point to opportunities that people should be
developing towards (either developing flight plans/navigation systems for
all orbiting spacecrafts or commercially offering the ability to clean up
space debris, etc.).

Ariel Waldman | digital anthropologist

[ http://arielwaldman.com | http://spacehack.org ]