[Space] hack night update

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:28:07 UTC 2010

So I wanted to outline what remains to be done so we have a list somewhere
to refer back to.  I'm sticking this out on wave so we can have a working
copy.  Just wanted to give folks the heads up, though.

APRS payload system:
- Figure out how to configure OpenTracker with call sign, etc.
- Test opentracker functionality
- Configure radio for frequency, etc.
- Buy cable adapter for antenna-radio

Ground radio system:
- Buy Antenna cable adapter
- Buy special cable to attach my radio to laptop
- Configure software on laptop to receive and process signal.
- Configure software on laptop to plot position on map

Payload:
- Buy/construct substructure/housing
- Secure all equipment to structure.
- Provide mechanical protection for exposed circuits
- Waterproofing for wet landing?

Other:
- Calculate trajectory estimate
- Order helium
- Pick up helium

Christie*

(*Ahem.  My name is spelled with an 'ie' not a 'y'.)
_______
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." -- W. Blake.