[Space] update

Blake Barrett Blake at BlakeBarrett.net
Sun Feb 7 09:24:36 UTC 2010

I'm glad you have been able to get the hang of the CHDK and all the tricks
for getting the camera into "battery-saver-mode" (by turning the display
off). There shouldn't be anything really taking up much space on the card.
If there is anything on that card taking up space (other than the CHDK) feel
free to delete it. I don't know why it would be reporting 2.5Gb of free
space, it has a 4Gb card. But if nothing else, 2.5Gb is better than nothing.

I am planning on attending tomorrow if a concrete location and time can be
decided on. I'm spending the night in Davis at a friend's house, I just need
to know when and where to meet you guys.

Blake

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Matt Sweeney <mattswe at gmail.com> wrote:

> without the gsm running, i've gotten several days of life out of my G1
>

> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Andrew Gerrand <andrewdg at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:
>> > Excellent news :) How much did the battery go down during the drive?
>>
>> I didn't notice any reduction in battery level after the drive. That
>> said, the GSM radio wasn't activated (no SIM card) so it won't reflect
>> real-world performance. What typical battery life did you get out of
>> it day-to-day?
>>
>> > We have the option of using a fisheye lens on the front. I kinda like
>> > the effect artistically and it probably makes sense to get the extra
>> > visual range at the cost of the corner pixels, but very open to
>> > suggestions from anyone more knowledgeable and/or opinionated about
>> > photography. Examples of each pointed in roughly the same direction
>> > attached.
>>
>> I'm partial to fisheye also. It increases the chances of us capturing
>> something interesting in any given frame, and a determined individual
>> can reverse the effect with post-processing if so desired (yet the
>> reverse is not so).
>>
>> Andrew

Blake
blake at blakebarrett.net