[Space] launch plan for Sunday!

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Sun Feb 7 19:03:43 UTC 2010

Actually, I'm delighted you brought this up, because it gave me an
opportunity to learn how to read METARs from Ozzy :)

The short story is that there is nowhere in the Central Valley from
Stockton to Merced that we can launch right now. Stockton is
forecasting only scattered cloud at 2200 GMT (4pm); Merced for 2300
GMT.

We can't launch at 4pm - we need at least an hour or two of daylight
after the balloon drops to recover. Thoughts? Debate at NB right now
is whether to head out anyway and if we get clear sky by 1pm or so,
we'll launch. If not, we'll at least be ready for the next clear day.

m.