[Space] Inner Space

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Feb 22 02:33:28 UTC 2010

These underwater gliders sound exactly what I was thinking of. And, I kept
'chewing' on the idea of how to recharge on long voyages. Of course, I
didn't think of just resurfacing to recharge via solar cells.

Is there public domain data already in existence? When I was looking at
Google Earth under the ocean today, it seemed to me there was a large amount
of this data that was yet to either be collected and/or to be manipulated in
a way that is usable.

Are there open source glider plans already in existence? Is there data that
is public available in archives - just waiting to be processed? I think just
mapping the surface of the ocean floor (or parts of it) would be a great
challenge but very rewarding.

Sorry to ask so many questions...

Cheers,

Glen